Thursday, February 27, 2014

Chapter 6 Into the caves

   Hey all, thanks for reaching chapter 6. If you have just started reading my blog, please scroll down to the end where you will find the prologue with a history of the game this story is based of of, then begin your journey from there. 
I also recommend trying out the game, now called Dekaron, at this site:
https://www.papayaplay.com/dekaron.do
It's a free to play MMO (Mass Multiplayer Online) and is worth a shot playing! -Albert

  "...west of Denebe are the forgotten caves. We were instructed to bring the villagers their and detain them, till further notice.

 "Why were they taken to a cave?" asked Sarah

 "We are not sure..." as the lizard man looked to his compatriots, all shaking their heads no as to what the kidnapper's intentions were.

 "I think the next step is to go to the cave and discover more" said Albert.

 Nina agreed with a tug of Albert's arm as she started to walk west toward the caves.

 "Nina always seems to have the right idea" thought Sarah. 

 In a way, it was as if she was leading as she followed. Albert, as clueless as he sometimes was, still had selfless purpose as he said,

"We have to save those villagers!" He seemed like someone who put others before himself. Sarah was discovering more and more about her companions even without asking deep probing questions. Just give a task, see how others act, and that is what seems to give a person's true character.

 Personality more so, as the moral fiber of her allies was the least of her concern. As long as they watched her back, she saw them as "good".

 "We wish you the best of luck" said a lizard man as it and it's group got to their feet. "We must return to our village, as to insure no more lizard knights subjugate our villagers."

 "How do you resist their influence? I know of Sumatra Choi developing a technique for lizard men to resist the controlling influences of the pitborn."

 "We're not sure, but for some strange reason, the pull for violence and blood lust was so strong, any order the knights gave were impossible to defy. We will be ready next time. We know how to resist them and will honor our allegiance with the citizens of Haran. Hurry, you may be able to save the villagers from impending doom."

 "We will!" exclaimed Albert. "Come on Nina and Sarah, lets go!" Albert starts to trot.

 "Albert wait, you're going east. We need to go west remember?" said Sarah.

 Nina agreed as she got behind Albert and began to steer him like a rudder of a ship.

 "I-I-I got it I got it!" said Albert as if he was saying "MOM! I can do this myself!"

 Thank Trieste Nina and I are with him, thought Sarah. She wondered what would happen to him if they weren't present. Images of Albert falling off the edge of the world proclaiming with his last breath "I could have sworn I was going the right waaaaay-"
filled Sarah's mind, and she hushed that silly part of her brain...with a slight giggle.

 "Hey! Whats so funny?" asked Albert.

Nina looked at Sarah and smiled as if she could read her mind.

I am a firm believer that women have a 6th sense in which they can communicate telepathically to each other. Now back to the story.

 The three start to approach the vast hills that house the aforementioned caves. As they began their uphill adventure, Sarah started to think about the previous battle. She almost froze up, and during a battle, that kind of behavior can be fatal not just to herself, but to her allies as well. A wave of insecurities seemed to flood into Sarah's mind about herself and her performance. 

 Was she of any use to the group? This thought began to batter her sense of confidence.

 "Breathe in, breathe out" thought Sarah. "I am confronting my own humanity, this is what it looks like to be human...questioning my own worth at times. What I want, my allies-no, my friends, also want. I know we are all on the same page, but why do I feel so insecure all of a sudden? And how did I even get here? One minute I'm in the Incar cloister studying magic. Another minute I'm on a quest to save all of Haran! Can I really do this? Can I?"

 "Sarah, is everything alright?" asked Albert in his kind and methodical way.

"Wow," Sarah thought, "Albert is surprisingly perceptive."
"I...I just...I don't know, I feel kinda foolish talking about...my doubts" said Sarah.

 "Your doubts? About what?" Albert asked.

 "...about myself..."

 "Really?"

 "Really..."

 Nina looked on as Sarah and Albert talked. Puzzled, yet patient.

 Sarah continued. "I mean, here we are approaching this cave to save the villagers, and here I am being unsure of what I can do to protect this world. I'm letting this all get to me...I'm sorry."

 "No, its OK! Sarah, you're doing great!" Said Albert

 "Really?"

 "Really! I mean, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you. I'd be doing my mundane Azure knight duties. And that battle before? You performed splendidly!"

 Sarah looked at Albert. She could see the genuine praise in his eyes and smiled with a sense of ease and encouragement. She then noticed Nina nodding in agreement with a smile on her face.

 "Thank you Albert and Nina for letting me bring this up. Please forgive me for doing this right before an important event."

 " Sarah, I want you to be as focused as possible for what is to come. I'm glad you're saying what you need to say before we go, so that it doesn't get in your way or distract you. We Azure knights call it emptying the space of one's mind in order to perform with the utmost efficiency. We always do this before heading into battle. Is there anything else you need to say to be ready?"

 "No, I feel surprisingly freed up! I think I am ready. What is the plan Albert?" asked Sarah with an eager spirit.

 "I'm not sure, I wanted to develop a strategy with Nina before entering the caves." Albert began to mark symbols and shapes on the floor as to prepare for the coming incursion.

 What plan will he develop? Find out next time on Dragon Ba-I mean uh, in the next chapter XD!

No comments:

Post a Comment